Jenna Blind from New York University kindly shared the outline or their DNP Council. How does their work compare with your experiences? Please share your insights and ideas.
Purpose & Mission: To establish an enterprise wide council of DNP prepared nurses at NYU Langone Health that will lead and promote the advancement of evidence based nursing practice and quality improvement.
- Align initiatives to NYU Langone Health Nursing Strategic Map.
- Collaborate with NYU Rory Meyers College of Nursing to foster an academic practice arena for prospective and current DNP students.
- Mentor and guide DNP students through their quality improvement capstone projects.
- Lead interprofessional quality improvement initiatives that promote high quality, patient centered care to improve organizational outcomes.
- Utilize a standardized framework and structure process for the implementation of evidence-based practice within the Department of Nursing.
- Maintain the DNP council website with up-to-date information about its members and ongoing quality improvement initiates.
- Develop and maintain a repository of DNP scholarly projects on the DNP council website for the sharing and dissemination of best practice.
- Actively engaged in NYU Langone Health leadership and organizational goals.
- Encourage expansion of the DNP role at NYU Langone Health.
Measures of Success
- Active participation by council members
- Meaningful and successful DNP-led quality improvement initiatives
- Participation in high level leadership organization goal setting
- Expansion of the DNP role and contribution to the organization
- Up-to-date DNP scholarly project repository
- Publications as well as presentations at local, national, and international nursing organizations
- Recruitment of new council members
Roles and Responsibilities of Membership:
- Council members are expected to attend a minimum of 80% of DNP Council meetings throughout the calendar year
- Members participate in ongoing DNP Council activities and evaluation of council purpose and objectives
- Steadily increase contribution to repository for DNP scholarly projects and research
- Collaboration within the committee to develop practice frameworks that are in alignment with organizational goals
- Mentor DNP-prepared nurses and nurses currently enrolled in DNP programs
- Provide mentorship as needed to MSN students or staff seeking promotion via NPAP
The Influences that Promote Identification and Response of Trafficked Persons by Nurses with a Doctor of Nursing Practice Degree 1 month, 2 weeks ago
Survey Implied Consent. My name is Shaneke Pryce I am a graduate student at Molloy University: 1000 Hempstead Ave, Rockville Centre, NY 11570. You are being invited to participate in […]
- You must be logged in to create new topics.