Home Forums DNP Professional Growth The Discouragement Received From Nurse Colleagues When Pursuing DNP Reply To: The Discouragement Received From Nurse Colleagues When Pursuing DNP

Anonymous
Inactive

In my work area, my coworkers were very encouraging about it and told me that because I am young, I should pursue more schooling before I get older and have to deal with family and other bigger responsibilities in life. I guess it has to do with the older you get, the more chances of you not wanting to go back to school. They were telling me to get my bedside experience and go back to school as soon as possible to pursue a higher education. In some cases, some older nurses may feel jealous deep down that you are leaving the unit or upset that you may be better than them in the long run but that should not stop you from pursuing your dreams and goals. I have been told however by many coworkers that pursuing a higher education is better as bedside can be tiring after some period of time. In the end, you make the best out of every situation and do what you want to do. If you put your mind to it and really have a passion to pursue the DNP role, then nothing will get in your way.